Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No ifs ands or buts

Over a month..are you kidding me..I think about blogworld a lot and different posts I could write but life gets in the way and I dont take the time to type it out. So instead of making this post perfect, this will just be some word vomit.

The past month or so I have been staying busy with keeping people alive, traveling, gardening, and eating.

TRAVEL:
At the end of April I took a trip to Northern VA and DC to see my good ole friend Melissa. We spent a day walking around Georgetown, got a yummy cupcake at Georgetown Cupcake and some great coffee at Baked and Wired. We enjoyed dinner and drinks at Circa in Dupont Circle with some of her friends and danced with the DJ at Public Bar. Another day was spent shopping at the Leesburg outlets and finished up the evening with dinning in Old Town Alexandria at Mai Thai (very yummy) and getting our groove on at Nick's Nightclub where we perfected our two step. My last day we explored a little farmers market and enjoyed brunch at Bustboys and Poets. I thoroughly enjoyed my long awaited visit to see my Melissa.







I highly recommend Baked and Wired for coffee, Mai Thai for fresh spring rolls, and Nick's nightclub for some country dancing in the city.

The husband and I just got back from a wedding near Jacksonville, FL. Oh an adventure it was...we got lost multiple times (sad part is that we had three GPS's) and came way too close to running out of gas twice. We did enjoy a day in Amelia Island hitting local eateries and laying at beach. The rehearsal dinner Friday and the wedding on Saturday were beautiful ! We decided to hit the big city of Jacksonville and boy were we disappointed...not too much in that city. On our way home we made a pit stop in Savannah where we ate some yummy baked brie and crab cakes at Belford's. We also made a stop at a Krispy Kreme in SC.





Lesson learned: 10 hour drive = long road trip// we will be flying next time



We have made a few day trips, one of which we went to Roanoke and visited Black Dog Salvage which we highly recommend for home goods and DIY projects and had some grub at Fork in the City.


Our flower beds are sprouting up and our herb pots have taken off!

Well sorry for the straight forward and slightly bland post, but will talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment