Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Travel Bug

The past few weeks have been busy with us traveling. We had a Wilson vacation in Hilton Head where we ate and hung out on the beach most of the week. I was able to finish a book I started on my family's beach trip called A Million Miles in a Hundred Years by Donald Miller. It was a pretty good book that reminded me of the importance to truly live the life we have on this earth and make it memorable. For me it is so easy to get stuck in routines and the mundane reality of life, but the memories we actually remember are the ones that were different and exciting and a change from our day to day. So I am going to try and work on this, keep me accountable.


A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better StoryThe Help

On our way home we bought the audiobook of The Help which is really good. As much as my hubs and I love audiobooks this one is soo long, I could have read the book quicker than listening to it. I wanted to read it before we saw the movie, but by the time we are done it will be out on video.

Have you read any good books lately?


This past weekend I went to Williamsburg and Norfolk to see my best friends. Norfolk is an interesting place, I have driven through there a few times but had yet to really visit the place, my initial reaction was ehh. As the weekend went on and I discovered more of the city, it really wasn't so bad, don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to live there, but I would visit again considering my best friend and sister-in-law live there. 


Me and my little Laura

My BFF, Laura, is finishing up school in Norfolk and she recently got engaged so we spent Saturday wedding dress shopping. I never thought I would cry seeing her in a wedding dress, but boy did I lose it. I guess it has to do with us knowing each other since we were three months old and going through everything together and this just signifying how much older we are getting and at this point I am just trying to come up with a good excuse why I lost it.

On my way back from Norfolk I stopped by my dad's and Chris came down from the Burg and we had a yummy family dinner, Foster made the trip too. I absolutely love being out in the country at my dads, it is so peaceful and relaxing. We went four wheelin' and made some fresh pesto and just porch sat, what could be better than that.

Now back to reality...cleaning. This house is a wreck from being gone, do you have any good cleaning tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment