Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pillow Talk

If you follow my pinterest than you know I have been searching for pillows for our new gray sectional.

I fell love with this collection,


Specifically the floral fabric (but after I found the fabric for $46-$60/ yd I didn't like it too much anymore).

The day we purchased the sofa we hit TJMAXX, Target, and Pier 1 (we don't have a vast selection of stores here) hoping to find some inexpensive pillows, unfortunately we came up with nothing. I poured over the internet and still couldn't find exactly what we were looking for, so I moved on to Plan B (which really should have been Plan A) making my own.
Last year for Christmas my big brother bought me a yard or so of beautiful Dwell Studio fabric in the Gate Citrine pattern.



I was in love instantly and for the past year I have been contemplating making some pillows, but didn't have anything they would go with, so I held off until now. I have only made two pillows in my life, one in home economics in 6th grade and another I sewed this summer out of clothe napkins, neither hit on much.
..So on to plan B, I found an easy tutorial at SewMamaSew and I was able to make three pillows ( all different sizes), I am so pleased with how they turned out.




 I wasn't sure how my husband was going to like the pillows, since the fabric is slightly too geometric/modern for his taste. It took him a good hour for him to notice them when he got home from work, so they must not be too crazy. I just ordered other coordinating fabrics from fabric.com to finish everything off. It is such a good feeling when you can make something you love for much less than the retail price, such as this same pillow at DwellStudio for $72 (no thanks). The other pillows on the couch are ones I was using in guest room and I did have to buy my favorite pillow at target for good measure (or maybe because I have been in love with it since Target started carrying it a few years ago).


As you can tell we still have yet to paint the living room, maybe this weekend if I get put on call..or it might just happen after the craziness of Christmas. Also, I am keeping my eyes opens for another rug and coffee table. 

I am loving this style of coffee table because it is sort of modern with an antique/our taste look..




Do you know where to find similar coffee tables at a reasonable price? 

Hope yall had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Haley...I love the pillows! I'll keep my eyes out for a coffee table and rug.

    ReplyDelete