Monday, August 15, 2011

A relaxed state

What a cool summer day it is in Lynchburg, I am sitting outside my local Starbucks enjoying the breeze blowing through. I got back last night from a week spent vacationing with my family on Kiawah Island, SC. It is always hard coming back from a relaxing vacation and starting work the next day, but sometimes with my job I have the flexibility to be on call, which was my preference today. I am hoping for some productivity and a refreshed outlook today.

This was my first time on Kiawah which is located about 25 miles from Charleston. To me Kiawah seems to be an island filled with different neighborhoods and bike trails. We went on daily bike rides around the island and toggled back and forth from the beach to the pool. Each night we shared yummy family meals and fun stories. There isn't a ton to do on the island unless you love to golf, which none of us do, but I really enjoyed spending quality time with the fam and working on my suntan. I definitely recommend this vacation spot, but would suggest to venture to Charleston if you are going to eat out.


Braden and I relaxing by the pool


It is nice to be back in Lynchburg, especially since I hadn't seen my hubs nor Foster in week. Now we are counting down the days until we leave for vacation with the Wilson Clan.


No comments:

Post a Comment